We'd like to extend a warm welcome to new TTA members:
- Central Square Menlyn Maine - In the heart of Africa's only green city called Menlyn Maine, lies Central Square! This boutique shopping centre boasts a wide variety of dining experiences, fashionable clothing stores, a world-class beauty and wellness offering - all within spectacular architecture and adorned with public art. Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well!
- Time Square Casino Menlyn Maine - As part of the Menlyn Maine Precinct, South Africa's first "green city" and one of Pretoria's most popular points of interest, Time Square brings uninterrupted gaming complemented by world-class restaurants.
- Cowhouse Market - Gourmet food, gourmet people, gourmet life.
- Le Si Restaurant - True Tuscan dining. Born from the fires of Casa Toscana's passion for romance and distinctive style, the Le-Si Restaurant is shrouded in a cloak of intimacy and warmth that intrigues you and charms your senses with its flawless ambiance, exquisite meals and unmistakable exclusivity.
The mind-shifting short-talk phenomenon returns to Pretoria in November for a day of disruptive ideas and bold new voices challenging a business-savvy audience to reboot their thoughts and actions to meet the needs of the future.
The theme for this year's event is "UNAPOLOGETIC". This will be Pretoria's fifth TEDxPretoria - a localised offshoot of the hugely popular Technology, Education and Design (TED) series of talks which has become an international movement under the banner of "Ideas worth spreading". The talks, which are freely available online, are widely recognised as one of the world's most inspiring sources of fresh thinking on a wide range of cultural and scientific subjects.
TEDxPretoria 2017 takes place on 25 November 2017 at 012 Central, our new home. A funky-fresh upcoming space which inspires creativity and open-mindedness.
Like all TED talks, the TEDxPretoria event is open-source and not for material or political gain. It is organised under a free license by an independent team of professionals, graduates and students who share a burning desire to challenge accepted wisdom and spark deep conversations and connections in their communities.
For more information go to the following pages and use the hashtag TED on Twitter at twitter.com/TEDTalks, or on Facebook at facebook.com/TED.
Venue Link – this functionality connects all the venues in SA, travel operators, associations, visitor info centres, travel agencies to a venues real-time availability for rooms, activities and event tickets. This means that you can get reservations from all these channels with a few clicks!
For more info about Venue Link contact us firstname.lastname@example.org | 060 960 5808.
Virtually Integrated Photography(@VPIXSA) offers so much more than just Virtual Tours!
Virtually Integrated Photography is a service, that offers not just 360 photography but one that is more of a limitless Virtual Reality(VR) and Augmented Reality(AR) solution for companies in the tourism, hospitality and entertainment industries. From Hotels to Restaurants and Guest Lodges to Conference/Function Venues. Learn how Virtual Reality (VR) can positively impact your businesses by reading this brochure.
With backing from VPIX(www.vpix360.com) Head Office in Colorado(US), VPIXSA is here to bring South Africa the Virtual Experience they deserve.
Only a few, Limited Time Special Offers are still available to fellow members should they be interested. Offer expires 30th November 2017.
For more information contact Jacques Pierre Niemandt on email@example.com.
On the 25th November 2017 Market@theSheds will be on the rooftop of the Brooklyn Mall in Pretoria!
The market is well-known for its profusion of well-crafted flavours, exceptional sounds and a colourful spectrum of Gauteng society, as it celebrates the skill and ingenuity of craftsmanship in the capital. It is usually held at the trendy 012central in the Pretoria CBD and this is the first of a series of pop-ups planned for in and around Pretoria. This time the afternoon and evening will be spent at the atmospheric, covered rooftop of Brooklyn Mall, indulging visitors with the creativity and experimentation of the growing sensation that is craft.
Guests will enjoy performances by some of South Africa's most talented and nationally acclaimed artists such as Desmond and the Tutus, Jerry And The Bandits and Jamie-Lee Sexton - the Sextons. Other exciting artists performing include Lynol Brown (Lynol Siwela), Little Ringo, Akademie and The Ceramics.
Entrepreneurial crafts are obviously one of the focal points of the event, with a wide selection of local art, designer jewellery and clothing, interior design and farmers products on offer.
Lots of delicious food to look forward to! A variety of well-known street chefs and food trucks will be flaunting their talents as part of a taste feast of gourmet burgers, paella, pork-belly dishes, sushi, African cuisine, pizzas and more. Not to be missed. Tickets: R100 (market and entertainment area). Kids under 12 enter free.
Bookings on Quicket.
The Capital Collective team is working on various other exciting projects with the City of Tshwane and other role-players, building on the success of the Market@theSheds initiative.
Read more about the market on www.marketatthesheds.co.za.
Traveling Mystery Guest has a Job opening
Travelling Mystery Guest is looking for an intern with an interest in customer service (especially in the tourism and hospitality industry) and a knack for marketing. The position has a lot of potential for growth and increased income.
Owner is currently looking for someone to assist especially with marketing and mystery visits while she is on maternity leave (mid-December 2017 until late March 2018), but who will also be able to grow with the business and possibly become one of the company's biggest assets.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Customer service in the tourism and hospitality industry, especially hotels and restaurants
- The ability to spot the smaller, finer details
- An understanding of the customer's journey
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Wordpress, Mailchimp
- Some writing skills with professional spelling and grammar (English and Afrikaans)
- Good and professional communication skills (one-on-one and digitally)
- Organisation, planning and professional documentation skills
- Driven, self-motivating and hungry to learn
- Database building
- Marketing skills
- Must have own car and driver's licence
- Must be able to work at least 15 hours per week
- Must be able to work from home, but also attend regular meetings with the owner in Brooklyn, Pretoria
- Own laptop
For more information, contact Renate Engelbrecht on 082 336 1562 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Remuneration to be discussed at the interview. Applications close on 30 November 2017.
The Minister of Basic Education has published the final school calendar for 2019.
Please see the calendar here for your information.
In the Accommodation Management space: LittleHotelier Resource Hub
In the Attractions Management space: Attractions Africa
General Tourism news: Tourism Update
A city of excellence article
Are you offering what your clients are actually looking for?
See what hot entertainment is on in the city
World Travel Market (WTM), 18–20 April 2018, Cape Town
IBTM Africa, 19–20 April 2018, Cape Town
Meetings Africa, 27–28 February 2018, Johannesburg
Africa's Travel Indaba, 8–10 May 2018
Members are urged to submit any news for the website and newsletter to email@example.com.
Please forward this newsletter on to colleagues and staff who may benefit.