We'd like to extend a warm welcome to new TTA members:
- Dinaneni Tours - Dinaneni Tours promises to share with you the most scenic drives, the best vantage points for the purple and white Jacarandas, and the tranquility of the bird sanctuaries. They offer to take you to the best curio shops.
- Its-Anners Guesthouse and Backpackers Lodge - Its-Anners is something different. An artist's haven in a Game Reserve.
- Lynnwood Conference Centre - offers executive conference packages which includes the data projector with screen, Flexi kralis and/or flip chart with 10 sheets, two markers and pens, magnetic white board, mints and of course a variety of our finest dishes and snacks to suit your needs.
- Ndlovu Lodge - has facilities that are unique in Pretoria East area with a taste of the authentic African Bush but just 20 minutes from Pretoria CBD and 35 minutes from OR Tambo International Airport. Rooms are equipped with aircon/heating, complimentary tea/coffee in the room, flat screen TV and DSTV, Free Wi-Fi. Shuttle services from- to Airport can be arranged. We have a Restaurant with South African and Spanish cuisine. Daily laundry services can be provided.
- Q2B Solutions - has seven conference rooms that accommodate groups from 5 to 120 delegates. A variety of packages available ranging from half day to full day to evening. Multimedia projectors and standard conference equipment available. Lunch served in the beautiful old farmhouse, small lapa or garden.
- Seretse Travel Services
The National Department of Tourism through its International Market Access Support Programme (IMASP) has extended the call for applications for the Moscow International Trade and Tourism (MITT) Exhibition, 13 – 15 March 2018, Moscow, Russia.
View the call for applications and guidelines.
For call for applications for other shows, please visit the National Department of Tourism.
The Inspire Gauteng Conference and Expo was held at the Maropeng in the Cradle of Humankind on 24-25 October 2017 and brought together a selection of traders, investors, service providers, business leaders, SMMEs, entrepreneurs and high profile delegates looking to travel, invest and do business with Gauteng.
The Keynote Address was delivered by the Executive Mayor of Tshwane, Mr Solly Msimanga, who spoke about infrastructure development to encourage investment and he underlined the importance of tourism in job creation and economic development.
Among those who made presentations were the Gauteng Growth Development Agency, EU Chamber of Commerce & Industry in Southern Africa, Brand South Africa, Property investment and Development Women Property Network, the Greater Tzaneen Economic Development Agency and Airboat Afrika.
TTA members were represented at the TTA stand and we were proud to have the Executive Mayor taking a prominent role in the Conference.
TTA members Ubuhle be Narha and Timity Travel CC attended The 25th Annual Outdoor Expo & Family Festival. "The Outdoor Expo & Family Expo aims to provide Outdoor Manufacturers, Suppliers, Marketers, Travel and Tourism with a platform to interact with the Prime Outdoor Enthusiast, at an exhibition which provides a full spectre of exhibits and entertainment to enable successful interaction to market to your key customers".
TTA had an opportunity to exhibit at the Gauteng Tourism Authority stand. The event commemorated 25 years this year and continues to showcase the great business opportunity which the travel and tourism sector can optimize with in the outdoor industry. It was a great platform for the association to be represented amongst the various tourism role-players and visitors from various parts of the country.
TTA member, Rietvlei Coffee Shop and Lion Tours, recently hosted Goodthingsguy.com for an interview and the result is a great, fun, informative article on one of the premier attractions in our city.
Read the article Ethical tourism and affordable game drives are on your doorstep Gauteng! This is our favourite.
The much anticipated is finally here; taking place on 4 November 2017 at the Sun Arena opening in the newly developed Time Square, The opening will be filled with music, live performances and so much fun bought to you by Unison, this live music concert promises to be a South African music celebration!
Unlike any concert you've experienced before, Unison is truly a collaborative musical celebration bringing together South Africa's favourite musicians for a concert that will stir your soul, all under one roof.
Unison will feature a diverse lineup of talented artists including Lira, Zonke, Lady Zamar, PJ Powers, Yvonne Chaka Chaka, Sipho Hotstix Mabuse, Jimmy Nevis, Vusi Nova, Claire Johnston, Sasha Lee Davids, Nur Abrahams, Jeremy Oliver, Timothy Moli and Karen Zoid. There will also be choirs, mimes, flash mobs, a lighting spectacular and more.
The iconic songstress Miriam Makeba, with the permission of her family, will also be inducted into the South African Hall of Fame at the show. The South African Hall of Fame, located at Sun City's newly upgraded entertainment and convention centre, Sun Central, is an interactive exhibition hub where young and old are able to celebrate the country's most memorable achievers.
Time Square celebrates South Africa
Time Square is dedicated to supporting South Africa's performing arts industry and the Sun Arena opening provides the perfect platform to showcase local talent. Find out more
In the Accommodation Management space: LittleHotelier Resource Hub
In the Attractions Management space: Attractions Africa
General Tourism news: Tourism Update
Are you offering what your clients are actually looking for?
See what hot entertainment is on in the city
World Travel Market (WTM), 18–20 April 2018, Cape Town
IBTM Africa, 19–20 April 2018, Cape Town
Meetings Africa, 27–28 February 2018, Johannesburg
Africa's Travel Indaba, 8–10 May 2018
Members are urged to submit any news for the website and newsletter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please forward this newsletter on to colleagues and staff who may benefit.