The Tshwane Tourism Association welcomes the following new members: Olive Insurance Brokers (Pty) Ltd,
Lotus Blossom Accommodation,
La Gratitude Guest House,
Pheasant Hill House,
Rietvlei Country Cottages,
314 on Clark G/ House,
37 On Charles,
Ambiance Guest House,
Avalon Guest House,
Bed & Breakfast in Hatfield,
Bwelani Guest House,
Marita's Guest House,
Murray Street G/House,
Park Gables G/ House,
Rozenhof Guest House,
Tram Village Guest House,
Waterhouse M/neuk & Waterhouse Guest Lodge,
Anderley Guest House,
B&B in Waterkloof,
Cascades Guest House,
Kelkiewyn Guest House,
K4 - Kos Katel Kasteel,
Milner 246 Guest House,
Waterkloof Guest House,
Dinkwe Guest House,
Mont Paradiso Guest House,
Villa D'Rust Guest House,
African Nights Guesthouse,
4th Avenue B & B,
Aloe Guest House,
Lizvilla Guest House,
Magalies Mountain Lodge, and
The beautiful Mangwanani Spa River Valley hosted us for a very successful members meeting on Monday 14 July. Members enjoyed complimentary massages and were treated to lovely goody bags courtesy of the host venue. Presentations at the meeting were on accommodation booking arrangements for the Tribe One Dinokeng Festival, tourism grading subsidised by City of Tshwane & the new Mandela Tourist Route for Tshwane - view the presentations.
Please see the first draft of the tourist route brochure (draft only – not for circulation).
You are requested to e-mail your comments on the new Mandela Tourist Route to Hulisanit@tshwane.gov.za – all comments will be taken into consideration for implementation into the route plan and marketing material.
Register your staff for free training.
"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" – Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela spent 67 years making the world a better place and every year South Africans are encouraged to spend a symbolic 67 minutes doing exactly the same thing.
TTA is partnering with Tshwane Child Welfare to give 67 minutes of our time and resources on Friday the 18th of July 2014 to support the Eersterust project which entails several components. The Ambassador of France will also be at the site on Mandela Day – who better to impress this lady than our own tourism association!
In terms of project specifics these will be the activities for the day that you can get involved in:
- Cleaning of outside areas, we need hands on folks, willing to help us with streetscape cleaning around the immediate property
- Outside wall – needs mural /layer of paint to be more inviting/kid friendly
- Tree trimming – trees at entrance to office needs to be trimmed
- Bathrooms & large hall walls – needs painting done
- Kitchen – desperately needs lockable cabinets and shelving
- Kitchen – floor tiles need replacement
- Office – needs painting done
- Office – needs general office stationery/supplies: printing paper, pens, pencils, cleaning supplies, tea, coffee, sugar, milk/cremora etc.
- Drop-in centre hosts an estimated 128 kids, and a balanced meal is cooked once a day, during school holidays, includes breakfast and lunch. Non-perishable food donations are welcomed at this facility.
- Maybe hotdogs available during lunch hour to the community? Just a thought!
This will be the start of our commitment to make a difference. If you or your your staff would like to join in and assist please rsvp to Yolandi - firstname.lastname@example.org - before 12pm on Thursday 17 July 2014.
Be part of this initiative, make a difference.
See what hot entertainment is on in the city
Read the June 2014 edition of the National Zoological Garden's online newsletter.
Red Bull X Fighters World Tour, 23 August 2014, Pretoria
Hotel Investment Conference Africa, 14-16 September 2014, Johannesburg
Tribe One Dinokeng Festival, 26-28 September, Cullinan
ITB Asia, 29-31 October, Singapore
World Travel Market (WTM), 3-6 November, UK
UNESCO Forum on Global Citizenship Education (GCE), 2-4 December, Bangkok
Members are urged to submit any news for the website and newsletter to email@example.com.
Please forward this newsletter on to colleagues and staff who may benefit.